Tuesday 31 January 2012

'Out of the Box' - Resume Blunders Volume 1


The following quotations have been taken from CVs and covering letters received during my efforts to recruit suitable volunteers for projects at the British Council. There are also few that I came across from other sources including my HR friends who have been unkind enough to reveal some bizarre ones. While candidates have evidently put in a lot of hard work and diligence in writing their CVs, it's unfortunate that errors slip through and make the wrong impression on exactly the wrong people.

CVs
  • "I am very detial-oriented."
  • "I worked as a Corporate Lesion."
  • "Objective: To have my skills and ethics challenged on a daily basis."
  • "Special skills: Thyping."
  • “Key strengths – Stamina, Communication Skills, Hardwork"
  • "I have exhaustive experience in marketing."
  • "Strengths: Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining composer."
  • "Education: B.A. in Loberal Arts."
  • "Education: College, August 1880 - May 1984."
  • "Personal Qualities: Outstanding worker; flexible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year."
  • "Interests: I like to workout in my free time. I enjoy listening to music. I love to shopping in new places."
  • "Accomplishments: Completed 11 years of high school."
  • “Received a plague for Salesperson of the Year.”
  • “Reason for leaving last job: maturity leave.”
  • “Personal interests: donating blood. Fourteen gallons so far.”

Covering Letters:

  • "Thank you for your consideration. Hope to hear from you shorty!"
  • "Here are my qualifications for you to overlook."
  • "I am a quick leaner, dependable, and motivated."
  • "You are privileged to receive my resume."
  • “Please find my resume is attached .. ”

1 comment: